In-House Chem Film Application
To prepare materials for metal finishing, our meticulous craftspeople first apply chem film (also called chemical conversion coating, chromate, or yellow chromate coating) to a metal substrate—creating a surface that is corrosion-resistant, durable, and exhibits stable electrical conductivity. The chem film process also provides a safe, uniform pre-treatment surface for wet paint and powder coating. Our in-house experts perform the highly regulated chem film application, reducing lead times and ensuring quality control.
As part of our commitment to high-quality end-to-end precision sheet metal fabrication services, GTR Manufacturing offers chem film application in-house at our manufacturing facility. We provide trivalent RoHS-compliant chromate and meet MIL-DTL-5541F TYPE 1 standard.
Chem Film Features
Chem Film Features
Chem Film That Meets Regulatory and Compliance Standards
GTR Manufacturing offers RoHS and gold chromate chem film processes, which meet both types and classes of the MIL-DTL-5541F standards:
- TYPE I – Hexavalent chromate (the traditional treatment method) results in a gold or brown finish on the substrate. Compliant with strict EPA and OSHA regulations.
- TYPE II – Hexavalent chromate-free and results in a clear finish that is RoHS compliant. Often preferred for its fast application process that can be completed at room temperature.
- Class 1A – Provides a high amount of corrosion protection for uncoated items, which can also improve paint adhesion.
- Class 3 – Treatment processes that result in a thinner coating making it more susceptible to corrosion but has higher electrical conductivity. Ideal for electrical equipment.
Who We Serve
We are proud to provide chemical conversion coating services to companies in some of the world’s most highly-sensitive industries:
Is GTR’s Chemical Conversion Coating Service Right For Your Next Project?
- Is your business in need of metal finishing that meets strict industry requirements?
- Have other manufacturers looked at your blueprints and ruled that your systems are “too difficult” or complicated to create?
- Are you looking for a straightforward chem film application but are surprised at how long the lead times are?
Our end-to-end capabilities speed up project timelines by lowering the risk associated with relying on external supply chains and give us complete oversight and control over the entire production process—ensuring uncompromising quality.
We haven’t built a semi-centennial (50-year-old) business by just making parts alone; our success is equally measured by the trust our clients continually place in us generation after generation.
The Industry's Only Single-source Sheet Metal Manufacturer
Manage one vendor, write one P.O., and hold only one party accountable to your project's timeline. Only thing left is to decide what to do with all that extra free time.
One-Stop Pit Stop
End-to-end Services, Limitless Capabilities
We've got the widest range of world-class precision sheet metal fabrication services under one roof. Got a need for speed? Having autonomy over the entire production process means you get the best of both shorter lead times and uncompromising quality.
Setting the Pace Since 1973
Leading the industry for 50 years, we have earned an equal-parts reputation for time-tested reliability and forward-thinking ingenuity. We're meticulous engineers and expert craftsmen with a set of unmatched tools and experiences under our belt.
Yeah, we do that, too...
Metal Finishing Capabilities
Sheet Metal Prototyping
Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication
CNC Milling & Turning
About GTR Manufacturing
Meet Our Crew
Metal Fabrication Jobs
Get A Quote
GTR Answers the Call for Excellence
We understand that our clients build innovative products that are used to save lives, withstand extreme conditions, or perform highly specialized functions. We pride ourselves on doing everything right to deliver on time the first time. We honor our critical role in your project’s overall success and promise to do our part to help you reach the finish line on time.
Quality • Reliability • Capability